I have been watching the Donald Trump phenomenon over the past few weeks with detached amusement. I think that I speak for many when I say that it is great to finally see someone (anyone!) stand up to these outrage mobs and tell them to STICK IT. If nothing else, Trump is showing the blueprint for how to deal with the Left’s outrage mobs.
In a world where a white politician must apologize for saying that “all lives matter”, we are glad that someone isn’t afraid of them. In this world where the conservative movement has ceded issue after issue, many of us are just damn tired….of the so called GOP ESTABLISHMENT! We are tired of being told to wait until the next election, while they continue to cozy up to their liberal friends. We are tired of the supplicating, weak manlets that are represented in the GOP establishment
We are TIRED. And they are either so out of touch as to not understand it, or so arrogant that they do not WANT to understand it. Meanwhile, the everyday, conservative sees degeneracy at the top amongst the ruling elite, depravity at the bottom and despair in the middle. Let’s review why:
I came of age in the early 1990s and fully supported the GOP’s “conservative revolution” in 1994. I was excited about the Contract with America. I was excited that we would finally govern on conservative principles. But Clinton was still in office. So we were told that we needed a “conservative” at the top, to go along with our GOP ruled Congress. I staunchly supported George W. Bush in 2000 (I despised McCain, even back then). There were many out there just like me.
What did we get for our efforts?
- We got quasi-open borders where on the ground we witnessed as our schools were overrun by the mestizo children of illegals and our streets were littered with trash. We fought back and were called “racist” for our efforts to save our communities. We were called “racists” BY “CONSERVATIVES” who insisted that the illegals were “natural conservatives” or something. We are told that we are going to become “the next Brazil”. So we helplessly watched as once beautiful communities were transformed into mini 3rd world hell holes. Oh, and meanwhile, the people who criticize us live in Lilly white, gated AND guarded communities, while preaching to us that “diversity is strength”. We NEVER had a national debate on this topic. We were told by our elites that we must take this.
It has been 21 years, since the GOP’s “conservative revolution”, and STILL NO SIGN OF A WALL on the border! They lectured us, telling us that open borders is an “act of love” or that building a wall shows you “have no heart”. This rhetoric coming from people who say that they are CONSERVATIVE.
Oh, and we are told by these same people that Israel must be defended and should have a wall (which they have a magnificent wall that was funded by us), but they don’t feel the same about the United States.
- We got constant ceding of ground on the culture war. They backed down on every single debate.
- The establishment sucks up to the left so that they can attend the hip cocktail parties and make nice money. Meanwhile, we are thrown under the bus.
- After 9/11/2001, we got a grand nation building effort that cost of more than $2 Trillion and counting instead of going overseas to unleash our military to completely obliterate our Islamist enemies with extreme prejudice. Anyone who called for naming and destroying this enemy was fired or discredited. Oh, and btw, let’s have open borders and IMPORT MORE TERRORISTS!
- We watched as “conservatism” was turned into a BUSINESS (Nay, a racket) that many of us call “Conservative, Inc”. If you want to see how it operates, just make a lunchtime visit to one of the many fancy dining establishments in downtown DC.
All of this happening while election cycle after election cycle, we are fed platitudes about “tax cuts”, “liberty” and evoking the name of Ronald Reagan.
Many of us have had enough. Enough with the platitudes. Enough with the ceding of ground. The elites respond by calling us “crazy” or “extreme”. But we are tired, now.
At this point, 21 years after the “conservative revolution”, I have nothing but contempt for the “establishment” and their minions and sycophants in “Conservative, Inc”. They have no principles, except making money off our backs (i.e., donations) while they ship us up the river.
This is why Trump is gaining traction right now. No, I do not expect him to win, but if he’s still in the race next year and still has the same message, then I will be voting for him. Should he lose, then I will likely sit out the general election rather than hold my nose again and vote for another weak, open borders, nation building, big government conservative that I can hardly distinguish from Hillary.
I will also tell you that the white base is starting to revolt and many are no longer listening to the establishment. All of the race baiting from the liberals and social justice warriors (enabled by the White House) is tearing the nation apart. We have grown tired of being called racist for NOT wanting to turn this country into Mexico or Brazil. We are tired of being called racist for seeing plainly that crime is largely a black problem, yet this is denied in all public quarters. We are constantly told that it is our fault that they commit crimes and destroy their own communities. Where is the full throttled, public defense for our values?
I for one have had enough. And until someone better comes along, Trump for President!