Is anyone really surprised by this study?
Those who choose poorly, chose Democrats.
The premise that people are unable to make good decisions is at the heart of the modern Demonrat Party:
- People are too stupid to choose the “right” light bulbs, cars, toilets, and health insurance, so they government must make those choices for them.
- People are too stupid to negotiate fair compensation for their labor, so the government must impose minimums, and people may not work for less, even it they cannot find work at the decreed wage.
- People are too stupid to avoid unwanted pregnancy, so the government should pay if a woman chooses to kill the child that results from her poor choices.
- People are too stupid to donate properly to charity, so the government must take their money from them and give it to the government-favored causes.
- People are too stupid to plan for their own retirement, so the government must take money from them to give to old people, with the unsustainable promise that when the current victims of the scam are themselves elderly, they government will steal from the next generation on their behalf.
Based on these premises of the modern Demonrat Party, those who make poor decisions, such as criminals, naturally gravitate to that bastion of ignorance and stupidity.